Monday, November 24, 2014

100%, Genuine Devil.

            If I were a character written into Paradise Lost, I would one hundred percent be a devil. No offense, God, but Heaven seems a little boring. Not to mention, the planning up there seems just a tad off. Who uses those guys as guards? Really. I'd much rather be a fallen angel than one of the ones stuck up there doing (no pun intended) God knows what. I found it very interesting that, like Nicole said, God seems to have created this whole mess. It would be intriguing to ask him/her why. P.S. Please go easy on me when it comes to all of this religion stuff. I have no idea about anything concerning it; growing up, my parents version of prayer was to put on a Bob Marley CD on Sunday morning, so I really am pretty ignorant.

          One of the other things that I found interesting was the planning and the way that the great city of Hell was designed. I love the fact that it was built beautifully and exquisitely. It adds a whole extra twist to the idea of Hell. It's not all fire and brimstone, it can be aesthetically pleasing as souls spend an eternity being punished for their sins. I think that part of the reason that it was built in the image of heaven is that that is all the fallen angels know, and there's something to that. I can't figure out what it is, but I know there's something there.  Also, the fact that these devils seem to be reminiscent of that one  kid in grade school that everyone had who just did whatever he pleased is just icing to the cake. Much like Bender from The Breakfast Club, or Dash from The Incredibles, the devils have that attitude that makes them fun to be around/more attractive than the Angels that still remain in Heaven.

2 comments:

  1. Your opinion is your opinion! Lol, when i read this blog i must agree with you on some things. I dont know if i would ever want to be a fallen angel, just because of my religious background. Although, hell does sound pretty spectacular in paradise lost. I feel like that was God's plan. He wants to see who really will stand with him, regardless of all the jewels and glam that hell seems to present. At the end of the day, hell is hell. It will always be a place of evil, negativity and no good. I personally will be boring right with the angels in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ashley, your opinion is definitely your opinion. I wouldn't want to be a fallen angel, however, hell doesn't seem as horrible as I have thought in the past, but then again its only awesome for the devils, not the tortured souls. I would also ask God why hell was created so beautifully. Maybe a constant reminder of everything they lost in heaven??? Again, I'm with Ashley, I would be a "boring" angel in heaven.

    ReplyDelete